Here was my look for #3....brown and pink:

Today was a little rougher. First stick was fine for one med, but the 2nd med (the red one I get popsicles with) is really dangerous and the vein must be good and not blow because it can damage the skin in that area. So, they stuck my wrist where they were last time, but the vein blew. Next was the top of my hand. OUCH! So, looks like I will be getting a port. fun fun
Other than that and my arm being bruised and sore, everything went fine! Todd and I went to Posado's and I got my fix. Then off to Kohl's to buy some new ornaments. I love ornaments! I got one to remember this year by...it says:

That has been my focus word through this ordeal.
Speaking of putting things on the tree, I was moved to tears when Jennifer (Todd's sister) sent me this picture that Jacob, their 7-year-old brother, wrote and put on their tree:

Wow, I had a lump in my throat for a while after that. It's really tough not getting to see his family but once a year, and not getting to go this year is not setting well with me. I'm pretty sure Santa is gonna bring a webcam, so we are making plans to have a "cyber-Christmas". Hey, better than nothing!!
Well, I will let you know how the rest of the week goes. I'm praying for better-than-last-time!
"In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalm 56:4


4 comments:
I am so glad things are going so well with you this round. Hang in there! "You're Gonna Make It"
Sandy Hester
Awww how sweet is that! You are so loved Norma. Did you get to watch the DVD yet? Hope you like it love ya bunches nanc~
Norma,
Your peace and will power thru this is amazing! We love you and I want you to know we are praying!
Wow! God is so amazing! I'm so glad that you're half-way done! :0)
When you think some trial is going to take you down, God just steps right in and works the miraculous to make you stronger.
Chad lost his job last month and before that we had taken on $400 more in bills per month, I kept right on doing the bills just like I've always done. Its amazing that the money has just been there. It seems that when you make about $1500 less a month than what you usually make and have $400 more in bills, it is not supposed to add up, but with God, it has. We haven't missed a bill, and we even have money for Christmas. Chad's a hard worker and an amazing provider for our little family. Since then, he's taken on several temp jobs. I know, without God and our wonderful family, it would have been impossible.
Throughout this all, when trials come from now on, I don't think I'll be looking up to God and saying, "Why God?". I'll just say, "I know you have a purpose for this so no matter what I'll be faithful." God's already revealed several reasons why this happened to me. I've had several opportunities that I normally wouldn't have had to witness to people.
I hope my testimony has encouraged you. I know it is kinda of a long post, but sometimes you just gotta let your shout out.
Love you and your family so much.
Martha
Post a Comment