Hello All!
Instead of posting several times, I will post here and update:
*Wednesday - Many of my angels are out of pocket this week, so I drove myself to get my Nuelasta shot. I felt much better than I did the last "2nd day" so it wasn't that big of a deal. I was even able to run a few errands, although I was pretty tired by the time I got home. Had to get new tags for my car....the letters are my initials - NSL - now what are the odds of that?
The doctor reduced my dosage of the Nuelasta since my white blood count was high (good) and the incident of severe nerve pain I had last time (bad). Seems to have been a great idea, because I have had less bone pain this time!
*Thursday - Rachel was my angel for today and brought me a Willow Tree Angel of Hope. So very sweet! HOPE - what a beautiful word!
Appetite has been ok, but I wasn't too happy when my grilled cheese tasted bad. I love grilled cheese and I just barely could choke it down. Oh well, at least it's all going down and not up! I hope and pray that the anti-puke pills continue their magic three more rounds! One of them is Zofran....I call it ZoFriend! =o)
So far, this has been the best aftermath. Instead of feeling like I've been hit by a train then a steamroller....it's more like a moped this time. My RBC and HGB counts have risen, they were still below the limit, but just barely. This is really good news because it means my body will store the iron if I get it in there, and I won't have to have iron shots.
*Friday - didn't feel so hot today. Mainly just lay in my recliner and snoozed. Hoping for a brighter tomorrow....
Instead of posting several times, I will post here and update:
*Wednesday - Many of my angels are out of pocket this week, so I drove myself to get my Nuelasta shot. I felt much better than I did the last "2nd day" so it wasn't that big of a deal. I was even able to run a few errands, although I was pretty tired by the time I got home. Had to get new tags for my car....the letters are my initials - NSL - now what are the odds of that?
The doctor reduced my dosage of the Nuelasta since my white blood count was high (good) and the incident of severe nerve pain I had last time (bad). Seems to have been a great idea, because I have had less bone pain this time!
*Thursday - Rachel was my angel for today and brought me a Willow Tree Angel of Hope. So very sweet! HOPE - what a beautiful word!
Appetite has been ok, but I wasn't too happy when my grilled cheese tasted bad. I love grilled cheese and I just barely could choke it down. Oh well, at least it's all going down and not up! I hope and pray that the anti-puke pills continue their magic three more rounds! One of them is Zofran....I call it ZoFriend! =o)
So far, this has been the best aftermath. Instead of feeling like I've been hit by a train then a steamroller....it's more like a moped this time. My RBC and HGB counts have risen, they were still below the limit, but just barely. This is really good news because it means my body will store the iron if I get it in there, and I won't have to have iron shots.
*Friday - didn't feel so hot today. Mainly just lay in my recliner and snoozed. Hoping for a brighter tomorrow....
*Saturday - felt a tad better today, but just vegged all day. Appetite was better this evening and muscle/bone pain was diminished. In all, it was still better than last time! Not much, but I'll take all the 'better' I can get! Hopefully I will feel like going to church tomorrow, and to the church Christmas banquet tomorrow evening!
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...." - Dory, Finding Nemo



2 comments:
Hi Norma,
I have been out of town and haven't been able to read your blog.I am so glad to see all your pictures and you are doing so well.
I am so excited you are half way through. I remember when I reached that point I was so excited and then when it was over with the six I got to ring the bell, boy did I ring that bell.
I know that the Lord has given you strength and courage, it shows in all your blogs. I can't wait for you finishing this chemo, girl you ring the bell loud!!!
I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. I hope you post more of your pictures. You have beautiful friends and family. God bless and keep you strong.
Pat
Norma You Will Survive
guess who loves you??
I remember the day,
Like it was just yesterday,
You came out of your way to help me,
You spent several long hours with me,
Knocking some sense in to my head,
About how it was time for me to change my life,
To grow up, make better choices,
You told me you were having health issues,
What I didn’t know at that time,
Was that the issues you were facing,
Were about to change your life,
That they were about to change my life,
Your family, & friends lives,
I got the news the next day,
“Norma, wanted me to tell you she has Brest Cancer“,
I can’t tell you how I felt,
My world fell apart that very moment,
I felt helpless,
I wanted to help you, to hug you, to cry with you
To let you know I was there,
To help you,
Thru your new journey you still amaze me,
You are an amazing , Godly woman,
Instead of feeling sorry for yourself your still helping others,
By living your life as an example,
Of a true Christian, Godly woman,
A woman who still trust Gods,
Who’s not bitter at what life has throne her way,
You are so positive thru this storm,
You are strong,
You will survive,
You are my hero, and will always be
Post a Comment