It's almost Friday! So I thought I better update...
Whatever got ahold of me doesn't wanna let go, so I've spent most of the week in my recliner with a box of Kleenex very close. The worst part is the coughing! I just can't stop. Even the Rx med isn't working! With very little sleep this week, I look like a raccoon, sound like a seal and feel like a slug.
All appointments were rescheduled to next week....but NOT Monday. Sorry. NO ONE is gonna poke me with a needle or try to increase my range of motion on the anniversary of my 29th birthday! I haven't decided what I'm gonna do, but if all I do is sit in my house then I'm good.
I did find out today that I will have to have a PICC line put in my arm on the 22nd. My veins just aren't cooperating. Although I didn't want this to happen, I'm glad I at least got halfway through the treatments without it. And....I won't have to be stuck anymore.
On a brighter note.....Baby, it's cold outside!!! I hope it stays cold through Christmas. Nothing like opening presents in front of the fire.....with the a/c on! We have done that!
My computer sits close by the Christmas tree. I was just looking at several ornaments that represent different times in my/our life. One from when I was young, one when it was just me and Todd, one when Zachary was born, when we bought our 1st house ....and so on. They don't represent my whole life, just a part of it.
This is why I chose the "PEACE" ornament to represent 2008 - one of the hardest years of my life. Some might think I would choose a pink ribbon - NO. Pink ribbons represent a disease that I am fighting right now - not who I am. I would rather remember this journey with a symbol of the peace God gave me early on that has carried me this far.
Some day this will all be in my rear view mirror! Can't happen fast enough! It will be so nice when this doesn't consume so much of my time and mind. I want to be doing things with my family, interpreting at church and work, sitting in my recliner for a few minutes at night... not all day and night.
Folks, we just never know when the "normal" of our life is gonna change. It is so important that we make every day count. Our life can change in a moment! We must have the right perspective - do the things that count for eternity. If we invest our life in things, our investment dies with us. But if we invest in relationships, our investment will live forever in the lives of others.
From "Tuck Everlasting"
"Don't fear death, fear the unlived life." - Angus Tuck
"You don't have to live forever.....just LIVE"
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I saw the NO PINK! Haha! That's why I got you the Willow Tree 'Angel of Hope'. I bet you feel like you are in a pepto bismol world...hahaha! Different people view things differently, and I appreciate your focusing on the positive. Surrounded by His presence, the people who mean the most, and by positive things, well, that's the best "cure" of all.
Hi Norma,
I hope you will feel better soon. I would like to wish you a happy birthday. Your pictures are so beautiful your Christmas tree and fireplace is wonderful.
I love what you said about the rear view mirror. We have to look forward to the good things that the Lord has for us. We can not drive forward looking thru a rear view mirror.
You are in my prayers. I know God holds you in his hands. He carrys us when we are weak and leads us when we are strong. God Bless
Pat
From Heaven's point of view this mountain is just a little hill! I love that song by the McGrudders. It is so true. Right now it is a great big ugly mountain. But when you soar like an eagle with Him, you will look back and down and it will be so small.
Merry Christmas and happy belated BD!
Sandra Hester
I love what you said about the "peace" ornament. You are so right!
I hope you're feeling better soon. Love you!
Kristin
Post a Comment