I wasn't able to go to church today and wasn't able last week either, so it's been two weeks! I really don't like that! I haven't felt real well this week...ya know, that not-really-sick-but-just-dont-feel-good feeling? Yeah, that.
Todd and Zachary have been home all week and its been great! We got a new game "Would You Rather...?" and it's really fun! Really makes you think and gives you lots of stuff to talk about!
This year was Thanksgiving with my side of the family. So most of the crew came down. We had originally planned to have it at our new house....but it didn't happen. We opted for Luby's (they cook, they clean up) and everyone go out to the condos for dessert and games. It was a great idea!
Here we are at Lubys, minus Danny and Wanda:

I wore a mask to keep germs at bay. But someone mentioned it was missing something, so I added this:

All four of us kids together with Daddy:

L-R: Sheron, me, Daddy, Niel, Mike
Here's my Daddy with my wig on:

And, Taylor modeling it:

The Longhorns and Aggies played that day.....guess who our family rooted for? (sorry all ya'll in Aggieland!)

Friday I got to have breakfast with our good friend Ben:

Friday and Saturday we drug out the Christmas decorations. Here is our front door:

If you look through the front window, this is what you'll see:

Our tree and fireplace:


The Reason for the Season:

Next week is Chemo Week. Treatment #3 which means I will be HALFWAY FINISHED! wooo hoooo!! I go Monday for bloodwork and providing everything is good - Tuesday is #3.
I simply cannot express the gratitude I feel for all of you. So many of you tell me you check everyday for an update and that you are faithful readers. I hope I at least entertain you for the few minutes you are here, and maybe some of my more inspirational blogs help you in some way.
Those of you who know me well, know that I'm quite an emotional person. There is something about the holidays that bring out deeper emotion...especially Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful for all that God has given me and our family. The most precious things in my life....are not things. They are my darling husband, handsome son, and all my family and friends.
As I hung ornaments on the tree....which is more like a Memory Tree....I thought about each ornament that represented various 'times' in our life, people who gave me certain ornaments, people who made certain ornaments, and of course the realization of how time flies when pulling out the paper ornaments that Zachary made as a child.
I had tears in my eyes as I put the one ornament I have of Mom's on the tree...its a Hallmark Precious Moments dated 1978. Thirty years old. It got a special place near the top. Our tree won't win a "most beautifully decorated" award, but that's okay. It represents many precious memories during the almost-20 years we have been married. We are truly blessed!
So as we enter this Christmas season, we give thanks for the Perfect Gift - God robing Himself in flesh and coming to earth to save us from our sin. We are so thankful for each and everyone of you who care about us. Soon this journey will be over and we can all move onto our regularly scheduled lives. I will eventually write the final post on "my cancer journey", but I will never forget the enormous amount of love I have felt through it all. Because it is YOU, my precious family and friends, that have let me know I'm not on this journey alone. I am a blessed woman!


8 comments:
Hi Sweetie, I'm sorry you feel bad. I wish there was someway I could help you bear this load. I am praying that you have a better week this week than your last chemo week. We did have a great Thanksgiving. It was so nice of Luby's to cook our dinner and clean up after us. It was great to get together and visit and play games. "Would you rather listen to someone with a whiney voice talk nonstop for one hour or would you rather talk to someone nonstop for one hour with your hands tied behind your back?"
If Daddy ever decides to come out of retirement he'd look good in a rock band.
Your Christmas tree, fireplace and decorations look beautiful. Ornaments that have memories attached beat frufru hands down. I think they give special meaning to celebrating the birth of our LORD and the lives of our loved ones. People who decorate just for the beauty of the tree miss that blessing. Your tree tells a lovely story, actually, many lovely stories.
I'll love you 'til the ocean has to wear rubber pants to keep its bottom dry. Big Sis
I'm so glad you got to 'enjoy' Thanksgiving. You're dad should have been one of the Beatles with that wig on! HAHAHA! Hope to see you this week. Love and miss you terribly!
We continue to pray. I hope this round is easier. Isn't the 3rd time the charm? Tell them you are expecting it to be charming and see what happens! They should at least try!
Love,
Tracey W.
Christmas is really different once you get married. Last year taught me that. :0) But it is time to make your own memories.
Did your son share any chocolates from SS? Chad was giving chocolates to the ones who one the sword drills.
Love ya,
Martha
love the pics!!!
Val
Norma, your house and decorations are so beautiful! I wish I could come by to see them (and YOU) in person. I hate that you're not feeling so good, but I'm thinking about you and praying for you every day. I love you sooo much!
Kristin
I got you a present... HEEHEEHEE. Something for your 'memory tree'. I have one of those and love bringing out the ornaments and reminiscing. I'll bring it when I come this week. LOVE YA!
Lol I look fat! It was sooooo good to see ya'll!
Post a Comment