For some of you, this may be the first time you've been subjected to the "Annual Lawson Christmas Letter". I've decided to include it on here this year, plus a picture! Those who received this by email didn't get the pic, because it took too long to download. So....if you need a new dartboard background...you can print it out.
Here we are bringing another year to a close….and what a year it has been! Every year, before I start typing the Annual Lawson Christmas Letter (ALCL), I read the one from the year before to see what I need to update you on. Fasten your seat belt!
Of course, I need to start by saying how immeasurably blessed we are! God has proved Himself faithful, and we are blessed with you precious family and friends.
You may remember from the 07 ALCL that we did not live in the district where we wanted Zachary to attend high school. Both high schools had the IB Programme, but we wanted him to attend the other one. So we put our house up for sale in January. We got a contract on it and put a contract on our new house set to close in April.
One week before we closed, we found out the school where we lived closed its IB Programme, so all IB students would be attending the school in the district we were moving to. In short, we would not have had to move. Well, it was too late then! Plus, we love our house! So we give God the credit for working it out.
In February, Zachary turned 14, so our ages were 41 and 14. Don’t think that will happen again in our lives!
In May, I went on a Cozumel cruise with 3 girlfriends. We had a blast! Also around this time, Todd accepted the counselor’s position at Clarkston Elementary here in Tyler. This was a HUGE blessing! Much closer to home and back in TISD!
August was gearing up to be a doozie. Zachary was starting high school, the IB Programme and marching band; and Todd was beginning a job at a new school. August 6th marks a day that threw our family into the greatest trial of our life so far. I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Needless to say, my world came to a screeching halt.
I had surgery on Oct 2nd, and have finished 3 of my 6 chemo treatments. For more details, read previous posts. =o)
In all, it has been a wild year, but God has been our Comforter through it all. There are still many issues that I must face in the future, some that seem like mountains. There are days I wonder if the sun will shine again, but I know Who holds tomorrow. I have a tight grip on His hand!
We trust 2009 is a blessed year for you and your family!
We trust 2009 is a blessed year for you and your family!
Todd, Norma and Zachary


2 comments:
Norma,
Thank you for the ALCL......I have read all of your blogs. You are such an inspiration.....You are so blessed to have a loving family. I must say, you are absolutely beautiful! You look so much younger.....I love your new hair! Tell Todd and Zachary Hello. I pray for your continued progress. God is Good all the time. I have two Aunts that know exactly what you have gone through, and they are doing Great! Love, Lorri L
yeah finially the pic is up!!!
Post a Comment