The good thing is I am feeling great! My Angel of the Day, Whitney, and I went for PT Tuesday, and I was a little tired and sore afterwards. Wednesday and Thursday I just vegged. Friday Val was my AOTD, I went to PT again and had made some improvements! woo hoo!
Then we went to Wally World and I got a buggy full...and I was able to walk and push the buggy...until it got too heavy. I had a little incident with a basket mounted on the pole. Somehow I didn't see it and backed into it. I didn't cry, but it almost hurt that bad. Left a bruise. Val was threatening to wrap me up in bubble wrap.
We came home and visited until Todd told us the next door neighbor said our neighborhood is where the trick or treaters come by the droves. Oh great! He had bought 2 little bags of chocolate! I raided our candy jar hoping we would have enough. I also decided to have a little fun of my own, so this is how I greeted the trickertreaters:
Val got Todd's head light and wore it as her costume:
The funniest thing was when Todd decided to trick or treat US. He had been outside for a while, then rang our doorbell. Thinking it was kids, Val opened the door, and Todd (on his knees) said "TRICK OR TREAT!" She screamed, I screamed, she ran and we were all laughing so hard we cried!
-
Later, I was hungry so we went to the DQ cuz we didn't want to drive into town. Yep, I wore my pretty pink hair and pink Longhorn cap!
-
Last Friday night, we went to watch Zachary's band perform at halftime. This was the first time I was able to see their whole performance. My hair was a mess and I didn't feel like doing anything with it, so I wore my white autographed hat:

I have two hats that my visitors have signed. Cool, huh? Zachary's idea!
-
I have felt very good the past few days, pretty much back to normal...other than tiring out quickly, having to be careful when lifting or pulling, and keeping my suppressed immune system in mind. It's a great feeling!
-
My hair has been coming out some. Not a lot, but more than usual. I figure this week will probably be the last week I have my hair. I found some cute knit hats at WM and bought one in almost every color, with gloves to match. The man behind me in line said I must be going on a winter trip. I said, "Nope, I'm about to lose my hair to chemo, so these will be my headgear for the next few months!" I think he wished he'd had chocolate shoes right then. LOL It didn't bother me at all!
-
My wigs are all washed and ready, thanks to my Big Sis! We washed them and laid them out to dry in Z's bathroom. When he came home from school, he asked if Indians had been in the house cuz there were scalps in his bathroom. LOL!
-
Well, that's all I can think of. I'm sure much more happened...I just don't remember it right now.
-
Have a wonderful weekend! It's a brand new month!
-
This is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it!


9 comments:
Thanks for the up date...prayed extra because we hadn't heard anything. So thankful you're doing so well. You really are blessed with your family and friends. You also are "Pretty in Pink".
Have a blessed Lord's day.
The joy of the Lord is our strength.
Tandee
Norma,
I love reading your blog!! I find myself checking it everyday to see if anything new has happened, and am disappointed when I don't find anything! :-)
God is awesome in EVERY situation, and I feel very blessed to be able to join a small part of your journey through the blog. The struggles help to know what to pray for and the "feeling greats" are so encouraging!
After reading some of the stories you tell, I am reminded of a training I went to just recently for work. One of the guest speakers is a stand up comedian. He also gives inspirational speeches about the benefits of laughter in EVERY situation. You have been an awesome example of being able to find laughter in the worst of situations!
God bless you and your family indeed, and may he enlarge your territories!
It us so amazing how God blesses us during times we need JOY. You are such a blessing. I try to say words that encourages you and when I read your blog. I laugh with you and I know God is taking good care of you.
I decided to go and have my head shaved before it fell out in pieces. Just remember to all ways wear you cap at night we lose so much heat through our head. I would wake up and my head would be freezing. There was a time that I said everyone get over it I am not going to wear a hat or scarf all the time. It was hard on every one, but I did just fine.
Thank you for sharing your journey and allowing me to share mine with you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Pat
You look positively ravishing in pink, daaaaahling! Missed u today...
I love your sense of humor!!! Glad to hear you've been shopping too! If you are a woman you just have to "shop" no matter what. LOL!
We saw Todd & Zack the other night, hope he told you we said "HI"!
Thanks for commenting on our blog. Yes, the boys are crazy. Also, I love your pink blog, but there are lots of things to update with, I've seen a lot of blogs lately using TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com
Kory actually helped me tweak ours. I am scared to change!
You continue to be in my prayers.
Love,
Karen
I must say you have the complexion to wear pink!!! It looks beautiful on you! I'm glad you are feeling some better. Remember I'm praying for you even if I don't write often! Luv ya!! Cynthia
2 Corinthians 4:18
The things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Your hair will come back gorgeous.
Love you,
Darla
You still look beautiful. Love you!
Kristin
When I was reading Pat's comment about not wearing anything on her head and telling everyone to "get over it", my clown brain took over. On one of those days that you just want to "be free" and someone asks why you're not wearing your wig/hat/scarf, just stick a tootsie roll pop in your mouth and tell them you're impersonating Telly Sevalas, then the next day, glue a little upside down triangle of hair under your bottom lip and tell them, "Today, I am Howie Mandel". Maybe you're feeling "mean" one day and you can be Lex Luthor.
Sorry, I just can't help myself.
I love you baby sister, Big Sister
Post a Comment