Happy Monday! And YES....it's a good day! For all you wondering if the sun was shining on my day....YES! Literally and figuratively! The clouds, the wind AND the steam roller are gone! I am dealing with some residual effects, but they are *nothing* in comparison!
I was able to attend both services yesterday, not able to interpret though. Just too weak. Yesterday morning I was still a little puny, but we went to Cotton Patch and I was able to eat a full meal! woo hoo! It even tasted good! (I LOVE their baked squash!) Then back home for my Sunday afternoon nap....and when I woke up I felt so much better. Maybe it was the food, maybe it was the nap....just maybe it was my Healer! I give Him glory in it all!
The bad thing was I felt so good it was hard to settle my mind to sleep, so I didn't get to bed til late....oh well. Thought I might sleep late today, but I was up before 8 making a list of everything I need to do. I did create a special 'moment' for me....I love Bigelow's Raspberry Royale tea....so I brewed me a cup AND I drank it out of one of my 'special' cups. It usually sits on my counter looking pretty, but I washed the dust off and used that baby.

It is a fabulous day today. I plan to do what I feel like doing....which so far is catching up on emails and long lost email friends who think I need to behave myself (must've been the pink wig! LOL)....and enjoy FEELING GOOD! The past 5 days were rough....I honestly wondered for a while if it would end. Thank you all for the 'hang in there' encouragements and prayers!
Other happenings:
Daddy and Odessa sent me some beautiful roses from Odessa's bush:

We had an early Christmas present! It was cold this weekend, so Todd bought some gas logs for our fireplace. My recliner is right by the fireplace, so it was quite a cozy scene with me all snuggled up.

These go wwwaaaayyyy back! My niece, Jayme, made me this comfy fleece blanket that stays by my recliner, and here are Sheron and me with our matching pink and white Cowboys hats. She added a pretty jewled pink ribbon pin to the front:

Sheron also brought me a cute ladybug hat:
That's all for now, folks! Going now to mark off "update blog" on my list!
I can definitely relate this Scripture to last week! Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Eccl. 7:8


3 comments:
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! YEAH, AND YIPPEE!
I am glad to hear you had a good day today. Love you! Kristin
I'm glad you're better, I know last week was hard. I was thinking.... in every adventure
(good or bad) that Winnie the Pooh had, he always had his friends. (My favorite is Eeyore), but Winnie was never completely alone. If nothing else there was always Christopher Robin waiting...
That's like you, on your blusteryest (?) days we're here hanging onto the string so you won't blow away. You have captured a place in so many hearts,and are helping so many of us. Our prayers are with you, hang on.
Tandee
Post a Comment