Happy Monday!
Hope your week has started off right! Mine has already been interesting....
Todd is doing his "Red Ribbon Week" (Drug-Free) presentations a few days this week, so he left about 5:00 a.m this morning. He had notified the bus barn that Zachary would be riding this week....but somehow the bus driver didn't get the message. After waiting 35 minutes in 45 degree wind, he came back in. He said, "What are we gonna do?" I said, "What choice do we have?" So I got dressed and got my keys. His eyes were a little wide as he asked if I could drive, I guess since I still kinda shuffle around the house. Of course, I would've never done it if I thought it would be too dangerous, and I am feeling pretty good today. So, we took it slow, avoided as many bumps as possible, probably ticked off people behind us....but we made it. (next time you're behind a pokie, it might be a situation like mine....so be nice! LOL)
Then Tina D brought me chicken 'n dumplin's!!! Woo hoo!!! YUMMY All you good cooks out there are causing 2 problems - 1. Todd and Zachary are getting spoiled to good cookin' and...2. We're gonna look like dumplin's if we keep eating like this! LOL But, seriously, we really appreciate the meals. Everything has been just delicious!
Later Teresa is coming to be my "Angel of the Day" and taking me to an appointment. Tomorrow Whitney is my AOTD and we go to PT. I was too sick last week, so we're trying again this week.
Going back in time.....
Friday I got a BIG laugh when I opened a box from Todd's ever-so-thoughtful brother, Chris. We have a family 'tradition' of sharing the joy of a certain gift....you just never know when and where it will show up. It's been, at the least, a Christmas, birthday, and housewarming gift. Well, it showed up at my house as a "Get Well" gift. Chris, I just can't thank you enough!
Saturday, Daddy and Odessa came and brought lunch. Zachary was gone all day to Area UIL - they made 10th (which was the first time the band has made the top 10) but didn't make finals. After coming home from band trips at midnight or later several times this month, he didn't seem too upset. Todd left to run errands and we all took a nap! Odessa helped me get some laundry done so it wouldn't turn into Mount Washmore!
Yesterday I was able to go to church and it was wonderful to see my church family, including my Deaf Ministry family! ((Thanks to Val for helping interpret on some of the songs and giving Troy a break!)) Of course, it was a fabulous service and Pastor Littlefield encouraged us all with "God Wants to Bless YOU!" I am so blessed by God and very thankful for each blessing. If you are reading this....you are one of my blessings!
After church, Todd had a gift card so we went out to eat. By the time we got home, I couldn't wait to put on my pj's and hit my recliner. I always take a Sunday afternoon nap....but this was more than a nap! I was worn out, but it was a "good" worn out.
Now we're back to today...and it's lunchtime. I do believe the chicken 'n dumplin's are calling my name!
Hope you all have a BLESSED week!
"This I recall to my mind; therefore have I hope: It is through the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," saith my soul, "Therefore will I hope in Him." The LORD is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. Lamentations 3:21 - 25
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You will never know how good it was to see you sitting in that pew yesterday. I hope you didn't over do it. We are the ones blessed to have you in our lives. Take care and if you need anything, you know where I am. Just remember what Sis. Henson always says: I love you but God loves you more!
Jolene
John 14:27
"I leave my peace with you."
Norma,
You are a living testimony to the power of our Lord.
I love you, sister.
Darla
Wow it sounds like you are doing great. How wonderful it was for you to be able to attend church. You are definately blessed with your friends and church family.
You sound like you were spunkyer is that a word? I did not get out alot after my chemo session. I think at first I enjoyed the rest and laziness. That passed soon.
I just wanted to say hi and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Pat
God truly is a faithful Father. I'm glad you're feeling so much better.You got to go to church...YAY GOD!
Don't worry about the eating you need your calories for healing (does that work for you? LOL)
Just wanted to check on you, you are an amazing sister! What a blessing you AND your friends and family are.
God Bless,
Tandee
I'm really glad to hear that you're doing so well. I've been thinking about you a lot!
Love and prayers,
Kristin
Post a Comment