Friday, November 7, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

It's Friday! woo hoo!

Well, this week has been pretty rough emotionally for me. My hair is gone. Yep, G O N E. Like Elvis, green stamps and New Coke. Gone.

I have to say it was somewhat of a relief after crying nearly every time I brushed a wad of hair into the sink. I have a gallon ziploc bag nearly full. Todd and I decided we would return it to nature...let the birds and squirrels make nests with it. How green of us!

So I will look quite different when you see me. With the various assortment of headwear I have, I may look different EVERY time you see me! I'll post pics later....

Other than that, I've had a great week! Next week is chemo week. Providing my bloodwork is good and Dr okays everything Monday, I will have treatment Tuesday. Which puts my "3rd and 4th day" on Thursday and Friday. yuck. Oh well. This too shall pass!

Hope you all have a marvelous weekend!


Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that therein is, who keepeth truth for ever; Psalm 146:5 & 6

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma,
I decided to go ahead and shave my head when I started having it come out in clumps. My two daughters came with me to the beauty shop. That was the first time I saw my oldest daughter she is a RN nurse and she cried.
It is hard to understand if you have never experienced cancer. There were times I could not look at myself. I came to realize that I did not like the way I looked, but I was alive and God was taking care of me, and I was working on my greatest message God allowed me to preach the miracle of healing and bringing me this far. I am truly blessed as you are.
I just want you to know when I read this time what you had shared I hope you know that you are touching people's lives so many women have gone through and are going through it now. You are showing them there is always Jesus waiting to carry you when you are to tired to walk and never ever leave you.
This comment is so personal it is ok if you dont want to share it. Just remember it is not your hair that makes you beautiful it it the light that shines through you. You are a blessing to all of us that has traveled this journey. God bess you and give you strength.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi, Norma! It always amazes me how I get encouraged by you every time I read your blog! I should be encouraging you, yet when I get through reading what you wrote, I have new insight into God's amazing peace and keeping power! You are an amazing friend! By the way, I love the pink wig! I also want to come over soon and sign the visitor hat! Love you lots!
Dena

College Counselor said...

Couldn't sleep and had my mind on you so thought I would read your "blob". So glad to hear that sense of humor and also the sense of wonder and acceptance. You are NOT your hair. You have a beautiful heart. And as I said in the note I sent, it matters not how you look but only how you smell! ; ) wink

Speaking of, I hope you are enjoying that cherry almond body wash. It smelled so good I almost drank it!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma,
I will try posting again. I will be praying for your chemo week.


Love you,

Carla

Anonymous said...

Psalm 138:8
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.
Love ya sister,
Darla

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sis. Norma!

It was so awesome to see you back interpreting on Sunday. :0) I'll definitely be praying for you this week. Keep Chad in your prayers this week. He is job looking. Fun, fun, fun!

Lots of love for ya!
Martha

Btw - We love having Zachary in the Senior High. :0)

Karen Prince said...

Like Dena, I feel encouraged when I read your blog! You have a beautiful gift girl!
BTW, I thought you looked lovely with your new hairdo! Can't wait to see all the do's!