Friday, October 24, 2008

Better

Judging from the emails and texts I've been getting, many of you are wondering how things are going.....

Thursday was some better but FOOD was still not a good word. I didn't make it to the PT visit, was barely able to get a shower and get back in my recliner. Ruth was my angel for the day. She fixed me some mashed potatoes which was the only thing that even half-way sounded good. Next time we'll be more prepared...just didn't know what to expect. I hate....make that HATE... feeling helpless and sick. I don't know what I would do without the physical and spiritual angels that have been with me on this journey!!!

Today seemed marvelous compared to the last two. I got up wanting breakfast and was able to fix my own meals today! Tina B was my angel of the day - she did my floors and did a marvelous job, of course. She had a hard time getting them done cuz I kept wanting to visit. I sure enjoyed the company and my floors are all nice and shiny!

The last two days I felt I was going under the waves, but I was reminded, again, of this verse:

Isaiah 43:2: When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee. When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Looking forward to a wonderful weekend and a couple of weeks of feeling good!

7 comments:

Sheron White said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Maybe you'll feel like having some dark chocolate M&Ms so you can get your strength back. I love you!

Anonymous said...

LOL..I was just thinking about CHOCOLATE. I was walking through Sams and I spottled Neopolitan Hershey Kisses and thought of you!! Hopefully chocolate will be back in your food groups soon..hehe.. I love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma,
When I read how the third day was hard it brought back so many memories with my chemo. First I have to say God brought me through it all still chemo is a terrible time. I wanted to talk to you when you were going through that day.
My third day brought lots of acheing in my legs and body. I pray for you daily and want to encourage you to know there are good days, but also third days,but God is there every day.
I wanted to tell you my Pastor the day before my first chemo took my hand and spoke Isiah 43:2. I wish I could tell you what all he did for me.
One day when this is all behind you I would love to share what God did for me. You encourage me with the strength and courage you show. I know where that strength comes from and I know the God we serve will keep you through it all.
I also had family and friends that were with me daily. What a joy to have them with me to laugh with me and cry with me. I hope and pray I never have to go through this journey again, I would not take anything for the closeness I have with my God. We have walked this journey at times and when we could not walk He carried us.
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Psalm 46:1
God is our place of safety. He gives us strength. He is always there to help us in times of trouble.
Love ya,
Darla

Anonymous said...

Hi! Glad to hear you are feeling better! We miss you so much at church! It's just not the same looking over at the Deaf Ministry and you and Todd not being there! Thanks for sharing your journey on here, it helps all of us to understand a little about what you are going through. Love and prayers,
Dena

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great weekend and are getting stronger everyday.
Our pastor preached on Praise and Hope yesterday. Deut. 10:21, " He is your praise, and He is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things which your eyes have seen." I'm so thankful our God never changes, what He did then, He'll do now. therein lies our Hope.
Just wanted you to know we're still praying. Hang in and hang on, "we've got your back."
God Bless,
Tandee

Rhonda said...

Nomra, I agree with your sister, CHOCALATE will make you feel better fast and get your strength back. I'm glad to know your making the best of it. Your in my prayers. Love you,