Wednesday, October 15, 2008

GREAT NEWS!

Yesterday I had a CT and bone scan. This checked out all my innerds, plus my skeleton for any suspicious cancerous activity. EVERYTHING WAS CLEAR!!!! This means the cancer has not metastisized to any other place. {{{snoopy dance!!!!}}}

Yes, I still have to have the chemo because of the cancer being in my lymphatic system. The chemo cocktail will chase down any rogue cancer cells looking for a place to hide and divide. If all goes well at the dr Thursday, then I will start chemo Monday the 20th. It will be a 3 hour treatment, 6 treatments every three weeks, which will equal 18 weeks. So every 3 weeks, I get a 3 hour nap. lol Somewhere around February I will be finished.

Since 6 out of 16 lymph nodes were malignant, they want me to do radiation. I don't have to make that decision right now.....so I'm not. I have a lot to consider and am taking time to do lots of research. (and not on Wikipedia either! hee hee)

After the CT scan and while we were waiting for the 'tracer' to make its way around my skeleton for the bone scan, Sheron, Teresa and I went to Shlotskees. (ok...YOU spell it!) That sammich was yummy and we had so much fun laughing....about something....but I can't tell you what it was, but we were all crying. We all needed it!

After all the xray fun, I went to get my tubes out. That wasn't exactly the most pleasant feeling in the world, but it sure is nice now not to have them.

Because of the removal of the lymph nodes in my left arm, I am experiencing quite a bit of nerve pain so I will be getting some physical therapy...hopefully in the very near future. I'm hoping technology has increased to the point, they give you something to put you to sleep, you climb in this machine and it exercises everything for you while you nap. Then you wake up and get a nice relaxing massage! yeah, right.

Everyday I feel stronger and not having to take many Rx pain meds at all. I'm not happy about missing seeing my son perform in the marching band (they won Best in Class and Overall Grand Champion in the marching contest this past week, and 4th place in the one the week before) UIL is coming up and I sooooooo want to go......we'll see.

So I'm not too happy about all I am and will be missing, but soon this will all be in my rear view mirror. After all, life is not a destination....it's a journey. I must enjoy the moments while they are here.

One more thing before I close.....thank you again for all the emails and glob....I mean, BLOG comments! Also, the cards I receive in the snail mail....today I believe the count was 6. wow! It brings me such joy to open and read each encouraging message.

1. We have a new mailing address - if you have our Bama address...it's wrong. Email me and I will send you the correct one.

2. Which brings me to....our email address has changed too! it is tnzlawson@YAHOO.COM (not sbcglobal.net)

I hope you all have a blessed and fabulous week!
Z NORMA Z


Blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.

For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters that spreads out its roots by the river; and it shall not see and fear when heat comes; but its leaf shall be green. It shall not be anxious and full of care in the year of drought, nor shall it cease yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7,8

5 comments:

Rachel said...

WOO HOO!! Yeah and hallelujah and yippee and all that stuff on your report!

Love you muchas grande!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma,

Awesome news...good reports...you maka my bones fat!

Glad you are feeling so much better.

And you're not the only one missing out...

We are missing YOU!
A LOT!!!

Sis Veer!

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Everything your friend Rachel said........
God is a great God! One step at a time He leads the way. Can't you feel His hand in yours? Isn't it Great! You go girl, take every day resting in His love.
You are teaching us so much as you go through this. We feel blessed.
We have your back....just keep on walking!
Tandee

Shay said...

PTL! Glad to hear good news, will continue with P&PT for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sis. Norma!

Very happy to hear the good news! :0) You are continually in
our prayers. :0)

Love ya,
Martha