I am feeling better every day, although it's not near quick enough for me. I believe myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this little episode has taken me to the brink. I'm sorry I haven't been able to post much on here or take many phone calls or visitors, but give me a few weeks and I should be back to "normal"....whatever that is.
I go to the oncologist next week to find out my chemo treatment plan.
Your cards, emails, posts, voicemails...it all means so very much to me. My wonderful church and work families have been so kind to feed us since all I could manage right now is peanut butter sandwiches.
My husband is just simply the best. I know this has been a tremendous burden on him emotionally. But he is my rock. It is truly a blessing to have married a true man of God.
Zachary is doing well. Got a great report card, so hopefully this bump in the road hasn't knocked him too far off kilter. He's a great kid and has been a trooper through it all.
And what would I do without my brothers and sister? My Big Sis..she was with me the night after my surgery....scratching what itched, rubbing what hurt, wiping my tears, chasing down nurses for my pain pills...and so many other things that I probably don't even know what I was doing. Now she has been with me this week being my arms and my entertainment. I got to get a shower and wash my hair today and I feel human again.
Ya know, when you go through something like this you lose dignity. My sister and sister-in-law have been so good to me through all this - letting me do what I can for myself, but being there when I can't. My brothers are so supportive and love their baby sister. There's just not a price you can put on love.
So here I sit...and sleep...and sit....and sleep.....in my comfy recliner. Thanking God for the abundance of blessings I have.
Blessed be the Lord,day after day He carries us along. He's our Savior, our God, oh yes! Psalm 68:19 The Message


7 comments:
It's so good to "hear your voice!"
Our hearts were heavy because of your pain, but please know through it all, you were prayed for and loved. We would like to thank your husband for keeping those of us who don't know you personally updated. He gave direction for our prayers.
Rest when you can, laugh as you can,gather your strength for days ahead, and know "we've got your back!"
God Bless,
Tandee
So great to hear from you and to know that you are ever so s-l-o-w-l-y improving! awesome! Our prayers continue for you and the family. and we agree -- having a great family is a wonderful thing!
Jesus never fails!!
love from the Adams crew!
Wow, it's so good to hear from you!!! I've been praying for you and checking every day to see how you are doing. It was so sweet for Bro. Todd to update us over the weekend, but it is nice to "hear" your voice again!! :) Love you girl!!
Hey, Sis. Norma!
We've missed you. I have a couple of books on cd I can bring you when you feel like company or I can just drop them off by the church for your husband to pick up if you don't feel like company. After moving last month, I know where one of them is. I'll have to search for the others. LOL! I love those and they don't require moving. Chad and I use them when we go on our out of state trips to see his family. Neways, just let me know. :0) Oh and I have a ton of crosswords and sudoku if you would like some of those.
We're praying that you continually get better and I can't wait to see you back at church. :0)
Love ya,
Martha
Miss Norma, Please know you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I truly thank God in every thought of you. You are a bright light in a dark world and I love you dearly.
God Bless,
Deena
I promised to write, so here I go...I completely commisserate (sp?) with your bed-rest frustration--I prefer to stay active to! But I pray that most of all, this is a quick and full recovery process. God's blessings and my fondest wishes are with you.
~Sarah
Just wanted to drop in and say hey and I LOVE YOU! glad to hear the recliner is treating you well!! Todd's text messages were awesome, very thorough. I can't wait to see you. love ya lots. Tammy M
Post a Comment