Well......not much to tell. The radiologist hadn't sent the results of the MRI. Which, really, is just gonna tell us if there's more there than what showed on the mammogram and ultrasound. But the docs are waiting on this to determine what treatment plan they recommend. They will have a conference next Wed the 27th where about 20 docs will look at my chart and make recommendations.
Still, it doesn't look like I will have surgery for a few weeks - lots of coordinating schedules. The cancer I have is not a fast growing kind, so this isn't a problem.
He did a quick sonogram in the office and took a picture of it. I'm thinking of naming it Legion.
In my last blog I told you about the book "Praying Through Cancer". You know how some people refer to cancer as "the big C"? One of the devotionals was about a woman who chose to refer to Christ as "the big C" and cancer as "the little c". I love it!
Went hat shopping yesterday with a friend. Found a really cute sparkly one at "A Woman's Touch" (great store!) I also tried on a couple of wigs just to get an idea, but I wasn't ready to make that decision just yet. Then we went for Blizzards at DQ! woo hoo! Chocolate Extreme for me, please! (surprise, surprise)
You know I love quotes:
Dr. Robert Jeffress said, "Going through loss and grief is like going through a tunnel. The bad news is the tunnel is dark. The good news is once you have entered into that tunnel, you're already on your way out." So I am choosing to look at this whole ordeal as a tunnel that I'm already on my way out of. I'm not expecting any more trains in it, although there may be a few setbacks here and there. This, too, shall pass.
Mary Engelbreit has a drawing that says, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it." I can't change this tunnel. Oh how I wish I could! Today I told Todd that I was tired of this hand, I wanted a redeal. "Game Over!" "TILT!" Yeah...nothing happened. I can't change the situation, but I can change the way I think about it.
My favorite quotes come from God's Word:
"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10
"For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying unto you, Fear not; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment