2 Samuel 22: 31 "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all them that trust in Him."
The question I've heard most recently is: "How are you doing?" A question that I've heard all my life, but right now I know folks wanna know more than the pat "Great! How are you?" answer.
So, here's the scoop: I'm great! Really! I can honestly say I have the "peace of God, which passes all understanding" that Paul talked about in Philippians 4:7 and it is keeping my "heart and mind through Christ Jesus".
While I don't know what the next few months hold for me, I know as David said of the Lord in Psalm 73:23 "....You hold me by my right hand." While the path is unknown to me, Deuteronomy 31:8 says: "And the Lord, it is He that goes before you; He will be with you, He will not fail you, neither forsake you; fear not, neither be dismayed."
I'm not saying I don't have my moments....I do. I've cried a bucket of tears, and there are times I just don't even want to think about it because the magnitude of it all is too overwhelming to me. However, I find great consolation in Isaiah 43 in the words the Lord told Jacob: "..Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you; when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you."
It is His strength, not mine. I have full confidence in my Heavenly Father to either calm the storm, or calm me and take me through the storm. I KNOW He is the Great Physician and the Healer. I have accepted His will....whether it be a miraculous healing that would show His glorious power, or the journey THROUGH cancer that will show His glorious grace.
In all, I have peace. Because "as for God....His way is PERFECT."
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Norma,
Ever since I have known you, you've always had such a sweet, uplifting spirit, and now when you face that ugly word CANCER, you still have a beautiful spirit. I am thankful God has given you peace, and when you are in your darkest hour, I pray that you will always feel His love and His peace. Our many prayers are with you, Todd and Zachary. We love you all!
The LORD our God is faithful. He never changes. He is with you and He will always be with you. When you see only one set of footprints, it is because He is carrying you. That's what Fathers do.
Norma, I too count it a honor to be added to your group of friends. I have seen your stedfastness through deaf ministry and I am confident that this same stedfastness will carry you through this time in your life. Girl, you know I am here for whaever capacity you need. TRUE BUSINESS!!
You all are on our prayer list.
He is faithful!!
Love and much hugs!!
Norma - Hey beautiful lady! It's Tina, Teresa's cousin. I haven't seen you in so long, but I think of you. Teresa sent me the link to your blog. I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you. If it's O.K., I will also put you on the prayer list at my church. I live in Valencia, California now (just north of L.A.). Your faith and optimism is a testimony to all. God is still in the healing business.....I pray that you will know His peace in every second. Love you! Tina
My dear friend, I love you! I love the scriptures you chose in your 'Peace' blog. I am here for you, however you need me, for whatever you need. My email is always open (remember when?...)...
Norma,
God never changes so the peace He gave you on this day can be your every day. Some days I'm glad there was only God in my car :) I'm sure if the windows were not so thick some would think I had lost my mind. But after my frustrations were over for the moment, God was still there with His sweet peace. I could take another day.
Whatever you need, think of me!!! Luv ya!CK
From being Sunshine's Sunday School teacher at age 3, and Monkey's comic book pal to the awesome woman of God you have become, you have always been special to the Adams family! We are holding you ever before the Throne and await a Good Report!
Our love and prayers are with you all as God guides you through this journey of trust.
Much love from the Adams crew!
Norma, you are just incredible..you have displayed a wonderful attitude through every obstacle you have faced since I have known you, and this is just another obstacle to overcome. I know you will make it thru this one also...because your trust is in the one that can bring you thru. I love you and am praying for you my sister.
Post a Comment