I don't have a lot of new information to share today. Until more testing is done, the oncologist won't make a final decision on my treatment plan. I have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday afternoon Aug 19th. The purpose is to make sure no other tumors are lurking or anything else that hasn't shown up on the other tests. Once I meet with the surgeon and know the results of the MRI, then I should know what my surgery options are, and the oncologist will tell me what his plan of treatment will be.
Right now, I know that I probably won't have chemo before the surgery (because the tumor is fairly small - 1.5 cm), but most likely will after because I am "so young" (his words! I love this guy!) and the tumor is 'invasive' due to the lymph node being affected.
One thing I've already learned through this - never say how you will react to something you've never experienced before! I figured out you don't really know until it's YOU they're talking about cutting on and putting chemicals into. I've reacted somewhat differently than I would have thought.
Starting last Wednesday....okay maybe Thursday, I began a soul-searching process that lead me to write the "Peace" post. When my world was falling apart I looked around to see what I could control. The only thing I found was.....my attitude. I couldn't control what was happening, but I could control how I reacted to it. I knew I had to prepare myself for the long haul. So I have accepted God's will for my life... and will wait in His peace for each day to unfold.
I don't have the assurance He is going to take me out of this storm, but He has promised me that He will bring me through this. "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Norma,
I don't know you, but you are my sister in Christ and you are an amazing woman. I was blessed by your blogs, especially the "Peace" blog. Just 3 years ago I walked with my sister-in-law/best friend through this valley. Believe me when I say you will never be alone, even in the longest night. We ( your sisters, and your God ) are with you and your family.
Love & Prayers
Sis. Norma,
Listen to you.....You will always be young. I don't even know how old you are, but you've always seemed very young to me. I think its because you have such an awesome ability to laugh and make others laugh. :0)
Love ya lots,
Martha
I really enjoyed the funnies you told me about. I know when times are the roughest laughter is a natural medicine. Sam was full of it! haha Someone asked me one day how I could laugh after all I was going through and I said to them that it was much easier to laugh than cry. God is good all the time...not just in the sunshine. The joy of the Lord is my strength! Luv ya! CK
Norma, I was saddened to hear your news, especially knowing the family history. I am glad to hear you relying on God for strength. When J.R. was so close to death a few years ago with two brain aneurysms, I learned to rely on God. He will never leave you. When we don't understand God's plan, we have to trust His heart. He always works for our good. You, Todd, and Zachary will be in my prayers. God Bless and Keep You ~Carla Pool
Norma,
I am trying again to post a comment! (if this is a repeat...just ignore it! I am technologically-challenged!)
From being Sunshine's Sunday School teacher (she was age 3) to slumber party entertainment (she was about age 6) to Monkey's comic book pal (he was about age 7) to my legal association partner to Todd's weekend home, you have always been very special to our family. We are holding you ever before the Throne and are expecting a Good Report! We love y'all and are praying for you as you enter God's journey of TRUST.
Much love from the Adams crew!
Post a Comment