Thursday, August 14, 2008

Surgeon Appt Finally!

Woo hoo! Finally got an appointment with the surgeon! It is Thursday afternoon, Aug 21st.....so be watching for an update Thursday evening or Friday morning. I have the MRI Tuesday so I will know much more about my condition when I meet with the surgeon Thursday. The waiting is what just drives me bonkers!!! (yes, I know what some of you are saying..."You are already bonkers, Norma!")

Also, knowing chemo and a bald head is in my future, I've been checking out wigs on the internet....and let me just say this, I'll have a normal looking one...but you just never know what else I might have! hee hee! I'm also looking around for cute hats. Not sure if I can do the scarf thing, although a few people have suggested do-rags! (Mike, can I borrow yours? LOL)

"A merry heart does good like a medicine...." Proverbs 17:22

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanna go wig sgopping with ya!! Ill make sure you get one crazy wig!! lol Kinda sad we wont look alike anymore :( but its ok it will grow back!

val

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I have several to chuze from!
Mike

Anonymous said...

I think a blue one looke great. The Brown's wouldn't be able to concentrate on your hands.

Mandy said...

Hi Miss Norma! I'm Mandy-Jayme's best friend. I just wanted to stop and let you know that we are praying for you. I'll be watching for updates!

Sheron White said...

Annie Okey Dokey the Clown says you can borrow her pretty red pageboy wig; then, you too will really look like sisters. Of course, you'd need a red nose.

I love you little sister!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Norma,

Oh my, I just know you will find a wig that will delight us all :) ......you have already been such an inspiration to so many of us. What you are going through is alot of our own fears.....and I know God is near to us and will bring you through this...... You are in my thoughts and Prayers Norma Lawson...Looking forward to your stories and thoughts, you have a way of making us all laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma, you are something else, girl. I just praise God for your radiant smile and your infectious laughter and precious spirit.
God is breathing deeply right now, inhaling and savoring the sweet smell of the sacrifice of your praise and your trust in Him. You so beautifully display His glory.
I just want you to know that I love you. You & Todd & Zachary are in our prayers. Please call if there is anything we can do for you.
Remember, No weapon formed against you will succeed! Is. 54:17
God is your strong tower and your rescuing knight who delights in you. Ps. 18
He knows your hearts desires.
Your faith is an awesome inspiration to me.
Love you, Beth

Anonymous said...

Dad and Kaison will let you borrow one of theirs...

♥ Kristin

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=34152987&albumID=1423996&imageID=26639893

Anonymous said...

You go girl!
I will be praying for you. Anytime you need me just give me a call. Keep that postitive attitude. It will keep you going. We will all be here to keep you encouraged. I love you very much. Rachel and I want to be the ones to go wig shopping with you. You KNOW we will help you pick out the totally best one!!! Haha!!! Like that would ever happen with all three of us together!
Sis. L.

Anonymous said...

Norma, I can imagine what kind of wig you're looking for...lol But, I'm kinda with your sister...the red one would be cute! (now why would I say that?) Seriously...I know one young girl who was facing the hair thing and she went to a place where they took her own hair and made her a wig! Also, Sister Pam Rhoads has a really nice do but I don't know where she gets hers. Sister Valinda Chargois at CCT in Longview may can tell you where Sister Betty got hers...I'm praying for you...back in the 70's when "wiglets" were so popular, I had to have one special made because my color was not a common one (now can you believe that? lol). I would hate to try to match it now! By the way, I've heard when it comes back in...it's curly! Luv ya, Cynthia