Good Morning! Well, I slept like 13 hours last night (and evening)! How did you sleep? Not so good? Maybe you should take the med they gave me yesterday....I was O-U-T! So if you called, texted, emailed, im'ed or yelled loudly in my ear and I didn't answer, I was in Dreamland!
I had the MRI yesterday and because closed in spaces make me quite nervous, they gave me "a little sedative". yeah, right...little. Knocked me out. If you can sleep through an MRI, that ain't no little sedative! (For those who've never had one, it sounds like they are banging on the machine with a hammer)
So I won't know anything until I meet with the surgeon Thursday afternoon. (more waiting...ugh) The purpose of the MRI is to make sure nothing is hiding and that there are no surprises at surgery.
I've had it said to me that I should have faith that when they read the MRI they will say "nothing is there". (If it was of my head that would be understandable! hee hee) But, seriously....I ABSOLUTELY believe in the miraculous healing power of God Almighty and that it applies to my situation. However, my trust and faith in God is not based on WHAT He does or can do, or even doesn't do....it is based on WHO HE IS. So no matter what that report says, I WILL TRUST AND PRAISE HIM.
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2 He is Jehovah-Jireh....my Provider!
Also....our email has changed, so if you have tried to email me and it's bounced back - please change it to tnzlawson@yahoo.com Our inboxes transferred over, but the address book didn't. So it has been a painstaking process of copying and pasting address to send the "we have a new email addy" email, and I'm still not finished. If you haven't rec'd one, just send me a little note to the new addy so I can just hit "save address". =o) THANKS!
Another thing - THANK YOU SO MUCH for all encouraging posts to this blog and emails!!! I have received well over 100....i had about 70 the first 2 days!! Many from folks I haven't had contact with in YEARS! (you know who you are...email me!) I have tried to personally reply to each one, but I know I've missed some. Each one brought a smile to my face during one of the darkest weeks of my life...which brings me to my next point:
From Wed the 6th until Friday the 15th....I just didn't realize the fog I was in. Between my body being in shock and the instant elimination of caffeine, it's a wonder I made it! LOL Saturday morning I felt like I had emerged from a dark cave. No more feeling vulnerable, emotionally fragile or just plain skeered. I was back! I still have my moments, but they are fewer, shorter and much farther between now.
One last thing before I let you return to your regularly scheduled life - a friend gave me two books that I HIGHLY recommend to any woman you know who is facing either breast cancer or any kind of cancer - 1. for breast cancer - "Dear God, They Say It's Cancer" by Janet Thompson 2. any kind of cancer - "Praying Through Cancer" a 90 day devotional for women by Susan Sorensen and Laura Geist. (THANKS, RHONDA!!) These can be purchased at your local Christian bookstore.
Well, I guess that's all for now, folks. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Wednesday!
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey, I've had some of those drugs when I had MRIs! They're great! HAHAHA! They had to, like, peel me off the MRI table. I was totally out of it except when someone would touch me I'd about jump through the ceiling. Oh...and I'm looking at your EYES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Love you!!!
I just wanted to let you know that your sisters in Christ "Have your back". Thank you for you're latest blog addition,you have helped me in a situation with a grandson ( not cancer.....kidney failure). Our God is an awesome God at All times, in All circumstances!
God bless you and you family
Thanks inform us your blogspot page and I can my comment to you smile. My grandmother had breast cancer last year and last Sept and she had surgery. My grandmother doing good after surgery. We pray for you.
Love you
Susanne
u r still my hero as you have been for many years
val
Post a Comment