Monday, February 16, 2009

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! ROUND 6!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! ROUND 6! Norma 6 Cancer 0 AND THE REF IS COUNTING! ONE! TWO! THREE!!! NORMA IS THE WINNER! Cancer is out cold! As Norma looks around the stands, tears stream down her face as she sees crowds of family and friends who have cheered her on the past 6 months. She walks over to the bell, grabs the rope and rings it with all her strength.

More cheers from those watching, and hugs from the nurses. Hugs from her husband, son and sister-in-law and (cut to slow motion) together they walk out the door..... CUT!

Scene moves to fellowship hall of Tyler Tabernacle where Norma's Last Chemo Party is getting set up thanks to Val. Cake is decorated with balloons and the words "LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.....PARTY!!" Around 25 to 30 friends and family brave the brewing storm and munch on the delicious chocolate cake (by Michelle).

After the party, an exhausted Norma heads home to her recliner. Ready to face the oncoming weather storm and the impending storm of side effects.

Wednesday, Norma gets up and looks around for Sydney, the dog. Walking outside she notices that the cross fence is lying on the ground and Sydney is happily making laps around both yards. She takes a phone pic and sends it to Todd who was so happy he would have something else to do this week.

Since she is waiting for an important phone call from the fence company, Norma puts her cell phone too close to the tub and a grab of the towel sends it sliding into the tub. Angel Teresa comes to take Norma to get her Nuelasta shot and to the local ATT phone store. Norma decides to wait to replace her phone since her contract isn't up yet, and thanks to Teresa who has an old phone she can borrow.
Thursday brings Angel Louise to the house to sit with a slug-like Norma. Anti-puke meds are still working thankfully. Legs are weak, feet are feeling numb.

Friday dawns on a even worse slug-like Norma who sits in her recliner all day, only getting up when absolutely necessary. Ditto this scene for Saturday.

Sunday Norma gets up feeling a little stronger, but still in Slug mode. Keeps recliner warm all day.

Monday Norma greets the day much stronger and is able to drive herself and Zachary to the dr's office and a few errands. Her blood which was too thick a week ago is still too thick, more recalibrations. Zachary is out of school today, so they spend some mom/son time and go eat at Fazoli's (since Todd isn't a big fan of "noodly-stuff") After a brief Walmart run, they head home to eat supper and chill out. Scene fades to black with pretty music playing in the background.
-
CUT! That's a wrap!

5 comments:

Sheron White said...

I'm so glad the chemo is over for you. I wish I could have been at the party to celebrate with you there. Praying you are growing stronger each day and blood starts behaving itself. ILY Bunches =0)

Anonymous said...

u make me laugh with your humor. always making me smile!

Karen Prince said...

I know you are glad the chemo is over! Sorry we missed your party, I started getting sick on Monday and was in bed ALL week.
Lots of prayers for you!
And praying God's wonderful blessings for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for you last treatment what a blessing. I am so glad that you shared with us. You have encouraged me with your courage.
I don't know if you will continue with your blog, but I am thankful for you sharing this journey.
God has given us the peace for this journey. As we part ways I send love and prayers for you always and please say a prayer that this journey has ended for me also. I may not see you here but I will meet you in Heaven.

Pat

steph_kris said...

I love this post! Your party pics are great, and I am so happy for you! I only wish I could've been there to celebrate. I love you so much and I can't wait to come visit soon! (We need to nail down plans!)