Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy Week!

It's been an eventful week! Monday afternoon I had PT and we started on strengthening exercises for my arms. After I left there I had to have my blood pro-time checked. It's supposed to be between 2 and 3, it was 1.9. It just doesn't want to cooperate! He didn't change my Coumadin though. I was worn out and hit the recliner early. Still having issues with my left hand swelling.

Tuesday I vegged most of the day, then that evening we went to the grand dress rehearsal of TJC's drama dept play "Cotton Patch Gospel". It was great! Just a few people...fewer germs. Mike and Ruth went with us and we had a blast!

Wednesday I vegged some of the day, then we celebrated Ruth's birthday with the family at Villa Montez. YUM!

Thursday I vegged a little bit of the day and we didn't go anywhere that evening! Well, actually Todd and I decided to walk around the block and I almost didn't make it back. Obviously that was too far for my spaghetti legs!

Friday I vegged a little bit, and not only had the swelling in my hand not gone away, but now my feet and legs were swollen. yippee skipee! Todd won us free tickets to see Tim Hawkins, a Christian comedian. I laughed until my stomach was hurting!!! If you've never seen him, look him up on Youtube. Then we had a gift card to On The Border so it was a free evening! (this is good!)

Today I woke up to my hand, feet and ankles swollen worse. As bad as I hated to, I called my dr on a Saturday. Yep, Lasix. We'll be heading to the pharmacy soon! He said it was the Taxotere (chemo drug) and steriods that was causing the swelling and the numbness in my feet. It will eventually go away, but thank the Lord I didn't get the neuropathy in my hands!!!

The steriods had been so kind to give me a voracious appetite, but that is thankfully worn off. I didn't do well Monday, but the rest of the week I have been eating normal again. I am hoping when I get this swelling down I will have lost a few pounds!

I'm stronger every day but it has taken me longer to bounce back. I'm able to do a few more things that I haven't been able to do. I still tire out pretty quickly, but it's all uphill from here. At least for a couple more weeks!

Monday, I go to PT again, then I go back to see my oncologist for a how-did-you-do and where-do-we-go-from-here visit. Then I go see my radiation oncologist to get set up with radiation....or extra sunshine as I'm choosing to see it. It will be a busy day!

I'm now on Long Term Disability....thank the Lord and TJC, I have it! If you don't have it, get some! I don't know what I would've done had I not had this! It only pays 60% of your salary, but that's better than nothing. This is a big hit for us, but we know the Lord will provide as always. I'm praying gas prices stay down during my radiation since I have to drive in every day.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I will update you next week after dr visits. Until then.....Don't Worry! Be Happy! =o)

...I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread. Psalm 37:25b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God will provide. He always does. :0)

Love you!