Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ding! Ding! Round 5!

Round 5 is done! Norma 5 Cancer 0 ONLY ONE MORE TO GO!

Here's my look for #5, hot pink and black:




Teresa, my best buddy for...lessee...27 years...was my angel for the day. She and Rob (Papa Murphy's!) took me to chemo. Rob took our pic:


All went well! (My hand is still swollen, but this morning it was a little better.) Afterwards we made our trek to Posado's, then ran a few errands. Now it's almost 10:00 and I am exhausted! Heading to the recliner very soon!

A few weeks ago I had an appointment with my radiation oncologist. Based on the information I was given that I fall into the category that radiation does the most good, and the fact that I have a lot of life I want to live including seeing my grandchildren and great grands....I have decided to take the radiation. This is still a little hard for me to talk about right now.....

Stay tuned for the aftermath posts!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! It's hard to believe only 1 more chemo to go...for that I am thankful. I am also thankful for you, my friend. My life has been blessed because you are a part of it.

Muchas love!

Anonymous said...

I met Teresa. Been knowing her a while but didn't know the 6 degrees of separation from you. We go to Papa Murphy's each Friday to pick up a pizza for our family pizza/ movie night. She is so sweet. One day we talked about TJC and what I do there and she mentioned you when I talked about my involvement with Deaf Seevices. Small world! Hope you are feeling well and taking care if those cravings.

Love,
Tracey