Sorry it has been so long since I've posted! I don't have a lot of time right now...but I want you all to know I'm doing GREAT!! Last week I had 13 appointments, this week I've had 10...so I'm running like crazy. My energy has been increasing, my spaghetti legs are much stronger and the neuropathy in my feet seems to be going away. woo hoo!
Also, I had a MUGA test last week. This is a test to check how my heart fared the chemo...and the nurse said it was "perfect"!!! Praise the Lord! My heart rate is still elevated, but blood pressure is good. Maybe when I get these extra pounds off my heart will slow down.
I have to tell you about my sweet lymphadema therapist...Monday was my first lymphatic massage so she stepped out while I changed. I took my wig off because it gets so tangled when I lie down with it on. She came back in and her face was hilarious! She said, "I thought I was in the wrong room! I didn't know you wore a wig!" We had a good laugh! Then today....after she finished, she said, "Well, I'm done! I'll get out of your hair now." She immediately apologized but I was already rolling! She said she was glad I had a sense of humor! I have laughed all day about that one.
Speaking of...my hair is growing back. Right now it's VERY thin and sparse and fuzzy, but it's there!
It has been a joyful week! Has everything gone perfect? No...but JOY doesn't depend on everything going right. Pastor said last night that true joy comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ. The joy of the Lord is my strength! He has truly given me "joy for the journey". It hasn't been an easy road, but I still have joy!!
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Phil 4:4
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well, and it's wonderful that your hair is growing back! Who knows...maybe it will come back as lustrous, perfect, shampoo-commercial hair! That would be sooo cool!
It's so good to hear from you. I check almost every day, and it makes me pray harder when you haven't posted, guess that's a good thing! I'm thrilled you're doing so well, God is an awesome, generous Father. It sounds like He's restoring your energy.That's such a blessing.
Still praying....
Tandee
Glad to hear the great report!
Maybe your hair will come back brilliant red! HAHA! Or pink, or green. You DID look maaaavelous in those colors, daaaaling. Love you and so glad you are having more good days than bad.
Post a Comment