My heart is so full today! I'm feeling so much better and having many more good days. Yeah....I'm still dealing with several issues, but they aren't getting me down.
Yesterday I ran into one of my many Forever Friends....Deena! We've been friends since high school...maybe even Jr. High, and to think we ran into each other at Hobby Lobby! We keep in touch through texting and Myspace/Facebook...but nothing is like a real live hug!
Recently I have had several people tell me how this blog has touched them. It is very humbling to me to know my situation has touched lives and my comments have somehow been an inspiration. Back when all this started, I prayed the Lord would use me to show His glory. Whatever good you see is just His glory.
I have been told there are people I don't even know who read this....and I feel to tell you all....Whatever you are facing this moment, know you don't have to face it alone. There is a Friend, and I know now better than ever, that He truly does 'stick closer than a brother'. (for me that's pretty close, because I have 2 wonderful close-sticking brothers!) What a FRIEND we have in Jesus! All our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to Him in prayer!
Through this journey I have often felt overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. The unanswered questions, the uncertain future, the fear, the pain, the frustration. Sometimes I felt I would drown under it all. Just the other day, I came across a scripture that I held on to during the early days. Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you."
I'm not one to dwell in the past, I tend to deal with whatever I'm facing and move on. But the other day I was thinking about the days leading up to my surgery, and the day of surgery itself. It was quite an emotional time as you can imagine. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I know I was still in shock and had no idea what the road would be afterwards. But there is only one explanation of how I got through .... His peace....that passes all understanding.
I don't understand why this happened, and it wouldn't matter anyway. I'd rather have peace than understanding. There may be a reason, or it may just be life. Whatever it is, it's my job to make sure God is glorified. I'm not gonna waste precious time fretting over it or letting it control my life. My goal is to get well and get on with my life. I'll be old someday, and I don't want to look back and see that I let my health control my happiness. Life - we only get one. I choose joy!
"And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in His salvation." Psalm 35:9
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amen.
Love you! :0)
Post a Comment