When I checked the weather several days ahead, there was mention of rain but the temperature showed to be in the high 60s and 70s.....NOT! It was SO cold we had to go buy jackets! Tuesday we drove into Austin and went to the Bob Bullock Texas History Museum. Three floors of Texas History...amazing....but not enough benches to sit on periodically. We saw "Under the Sea" IMax in 3d. It was spectacular! Check out the snorkel looking 3d glasses!
My crazy hubby:

Why do I look like Mary Lou Retton here?

MysteryMan:

When we came out there was a motorcyle parked there, so we had to get our picture made with it....

Wednesday we had planned to go to San Antonio, but it was just too cold and rainy. So we when to the Activity Center and played pool (I won one game..barely!) and Boggle (I toasted them!).
Thursday we went to the Alamo. We went a few years ago, but Zachary wanted to go again since he knew more about the history of it.

We also went to a fabulous Mexican food restaurant Mi Terra's. The food is wonderful and they have a bakery too. The !!funniest!! thing happened while I was standing at the bakery waiting for my number to be called. Todd and Zachary weren't with me, but there were people everywhere. This man came up beside me and said something in Spanish. I didn't know if he was talking to me, so I just looked at him. Then he looked down and me and seemed very surprised! Then he said, "You're not mine!" and hurriedly walked over to this other short lady with hair similar to mine, then turned around and said, "You no speak Spanish?" I told him I didn't, and he and the lady conversed obviously about me cuz she kept looking at me. Then he said, "So you not understand what I said?" I assured him I didn't, but in retrospect I really wished I'd said, "yes!" just to see what he did! I wish I knew what he said...or maybe I don't! LOL
Friday we came home, but it was a relaxing week. I sure needed it. Sunday was church and I was able to interpret both services. Not by myself of course! My endurance is creeping back, not fast enough for me. Pat came Sunday evening woo hoo! She is my Sunshine Angel for the week.
Monday we headed to the radiation dept. It took longer this time because they had to mark me up. I have pretty purple Sharpie marks now. After that was Physical Therapy and more endurance exercises. She's adding more and more reps, and so far I'm able to do all. Then it was a Walmart run! I didn't even have to get a scooter this time! yee haw!
Today was the funnest day - St. Patrick's Day! Of course I had a green wig, and Pat had a green flashing bowtie:

After Sunshine, we visited Vickie and Mary Allison:

And Teresa D:

We went to Walmart and a little girl said, "Mommy! I want green hair like hers!" HEE HEE!! It was FUN day! Then we came home and Pat showed me how to make tortillas!


DON'T POSTPONE JOY!!!!
RADIATION COUNTDOWN: 2 down, 26 to go!


3 comments:
My niece is getting so big. She's a lotta sunshine for ya! :0)
Mi Tierra and the Bob Bullock Museum are two places I LOVE! How fun that you got to go there!
It looks like you and Pat are having lots of fun, and I wish I was there with you! I'm glad to see you doing so well! <3
OK! YOU FORCED ME INTO IT! I'LL EAT CHOCOLATE WITH YOU FOR EACH TREATMENT! Um...is that one chocolate for each DAY of treatment or one for each HOUR? I mean, you could even do a pkg. of M&Ms, one M&M for each MINUTE! HEEHEE! Love you and glad your're on the countdown!
Post a Comment