Monday, May 4, 2009

Jackhammer!

What a day!!! Had a couple appointments, then came home. I've had to fill out this monstrosity of a online form for Social Security....long story, but it involves my Long Term Disability insurance and it was extremely tedious! Plus, I lost my re-entry number for a few days...and we nearly turn the house upside down looking for it. I even prayed, "Lord, You know where it is, and if You could tell me that would be great!" Not too much longer I had the thought to look under the cushions of the couch and my chair...it was in my chair!

So, to reward myself for FINALLY finishing that stupid thing, Zachary and I went to Andy's Frozen Custard, courtesy of a gift card from my friend, Dr. B! (Thanks Dr. B!) We shared a chocolate jackhammer with brownie bits and pecans. Y U U U U UM!!! (Todd was gone to a counselor's convention)


I need to add this - that reward was for Zachary, too. When he came home from school, I was still working on it and "ranting" would be putting it mildly! He caught some of it, and I later apologized. He hugged me and said it was okay, and even asked why I was so upset. So....I told him! About mid-way, he pulled up a chair and sat down, and said, "Go on..." Later I told him I appreciated his listening to me. He said....((oh you're gonna love this!!))....he said, 'Yeah, Dad told me "When a woman is venting, DO NOT offer advice! Just listen!' so I did." I was rolling! I have a very smart husband, and a smart son who someday will make a great husband like his daddy!

When we got home, I decided to walk it off and take Sydney for a walk. It was more like Sydney took me for a drag! I've been doing pretty good on my "diet" - mainly just doing 'portion control' and exercise. (custard is good for you, right?)
Have a blessed week!!

1 comment:

Chad and Martha said...

LOL! I enjoy having your son in class. :0) That is so funny. Sometimes, I wish Chad would take that advice. My husband's always wanting to "fix" the things that I "vent" about or tell me how to "fix" them. LOL! His hearts always in the right place though so I'll keep him. LOL! I wish that I could come Saturday, but I'll be with my mother for half the day and working the other half. You have fun though. :0)